Sunday 24 April 2011

Menopause is great!

There are a lot of very wonderful and great things about menopause! The absence of nasty painful periods is fantastic! No more crippling pain and blood going everywhere! My breasts which used to hug close to my chest like fried swan's eggs (bird chosen for size comparison) now hang a little and therefore look bigger especially if I lean over. Of course, all worry of a welcome but unexpected pregnancy is over and condoms are only for safety, not birth control.

With the chance of a family passed, I've moved onto focus on self-development without duties to children or hoped for children. I've therefore a lot more freedom than before. As my grandmother used to say, "I am old, I can do what I want".  I've just claimed that space 25 years earlier!

Perhaps the best aspect of menopause is self-awareness. I savour every moment and every new experience. I am freer in my mind than when I was 20 and I leverage that freedom and I take calculated risks.

.....looking upward to heaven with hope....
Thank you God for alllowing me to get this far, for standing by me in the hard times when no other person had the courage to stand up to a bully and protect a helpless child. Thank you for my education and the chance to learn.  Thank you for all those people that have shared their wisdom. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment